After a long, cold winter in Chicago, there’s nothing better than the first signs of spring. You hear birds chirping and see green grass and vibrant flowers growing all around. Take a deep breath of fresh spring air, grab your friends, and head outside for a picnic!
Spring is the perfect time of year to get everyone out and enjoy the weather. Why not host your next event outdoors? Whether you’re planning a small picnic for your friends or a big one for your entire workplace, your guests are likely to feel rejuvenated with an outdoor event.
If you want to draw your employees out of the winter slump, there’s no better way to boost morale than by hosting a company picnic. Peel your team away from their computers and desks for one day, and let them bond in a comfortable environment. Or maybe you are in charge of planning a bridal or baby shower. Save yourself the hassle of finding a venue, and set up your party at a park. Your guests will be able to stretch their legs and delight in the beautiful weather.
Here are some ideas to make your outdoor event a one-of-a-kind spring celebration:
- Serve small bites. Keep things light with hors d’oeuvres. With the temperature rising and sun shining, your guests will appreciate simple finger foods and cold sandwiches.
- Give your menu a theme. Whether your party has a concept or not, your menu can benefit from having a theme. Choose a cuisine, like Mexican, Italian, or Asian, and the rest will fall into place.
- Set up stations. Set up a meat carving station, a salad station, and a sides station. This arrangement is great for work events and it helps eliminate the common traffic jams you get with buffet tables. It’s also great for groups with various dietary restrictions. You could have a gluten-free station, a vegetarian station, and a vegan station.
- Get creative with decorations. Dress up your party with artistic decor. This is where you can let your imagination run wild. Spring is the perfect time of year for lovely floral displays. Light colors like pastels will make for an elegant event, while bold and bright colors will send a more powerful message. Plus, the outdoor spring backdrop will effortlessly enhance the charm.
- Mix refreshing drinks. Cool down from a day in the sun with spring cocktails or mocktails. You can use citrus flavors, like orange, lemon, and lime, or go with berry flavors, like raspberry or blackberry. Add champagne to the mix for a little extra pizazz. You can also use fresh herbs in your drinks, like mint, basil or thyme to add depth to the flavor.
Catering with Elegance can help you execute the perfect outdoor party! We offer catering services throughout the Chicagoland area, so you choose the setting. Entertain your friends with a picnic, or impress your coworkers with an outdoor get-together. Spring is here, and it’s time to celebrate!
We have a robust menu with many mouthwatering options to choose from. If you’re looking for a more traditional outdoor BBQ spread, we’ve got you covered! Whether you’re hosting a family reunion party, a company picnic, or a graduation party, our BBQ catering will delight your guests. Learn more and check out our menu here.
We’ll help you decide on a menu that makes the most sense for your event. Not only that, but we’ll handle the planning, setup, and take down, so you can relax and focus on socializing and enjoying your own event.
Contact us today by calling 630-628-8000, or visit our website and fill out our contact form to get started.